Are you looking for a delicious and easy to make appetizer to serve at your next party? Look no further than jalapeno poppers!
This classic recipe is sure to be a hit with everyone. Not only are they tasty, but they are also quick and simple to make.
All you need are jalapenos, cream cheese, bacon, and a few other ingredients. Once you have all the ingredients together, it’s just a matter of assembling them and baking them in the oven.
This recipe for jalapeno poppers will give you plenty of poppers to serve at your next event. They are cheesy, savory, and slightly spicy.
Plus, they look great too! So get ready to impress your guests with these tasty jalapeno poppers.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 8 large jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying (approximately 2-3 cups)
- (optional) Ranch dressing for dipping
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and membranes. Place the peppers cut-side up on the prepared baking sheet.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, green onion, garlic powder, smoked paprika and salt until well combined.
4. Fill each jalapeno pepper half with a generous amount of the cheese mixture and press it down slightly to make sure it is spread evenly. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl mix together the flour, cornmeal, and egg until well combined.
6. Heat 2-3 inches of vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until it reaches 350°F (175°C).
7. Carefully add a few poppers to the hot oil at a time. Fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
8. Serve warm with ranch dressing (optional).
Voir cette publication sur Instagram
The origin of jalapeno poppers
Jalapeno poppers are believed to have been created in the United States in the 1970s.
They are a popular appetizer or snack made with jalapeno peppers which are stuffed with cheese or a combination of cheese and other ingredients such as spices or meats.
The pepper is then usually wrapped in bacon and deep-fried or baked. The dish is often served with a dip such as ranch or salsa.