Are you looking for a delicious and healthy dinner option? Look no further! This vegetable lasagna recipe is perfect for busy weeknights and will definitely be a hit with the whole family.
It is packed with a variety of nutritious vegetables and is sure to provide a hearty and satisfying meal.
Plus, it’s easy to make, so you won’t have to spend too much time in the kitchen. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started with this vegetable lasagna recipe!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/2 pound lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 eggplant, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- (optional): 2 tablespoons olive oil for baking dish</lil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions, garlic, mushrooms, red and green bell peppers, eggplant, basil, and oregano for 5 minutes.
4. Stir in canned tomatoes and reduce heat to low; simmer for 15 minutes.
5. In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
6. Spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles side by side over sauce; spread with 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture and sprinkle with 1/3 of mozzarella cheese. Spoon 1/2 of the remaining sauce over the mozzarella and sprinkle with 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese.
7. Layer 3 more noodles on top and spread with half of the remaining ricotta cheese mixture. Arrange remaining 3 noodles on top and spread with remaining ricotta mixture. Top with remaining tomato sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
8. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until cheeses are melted and bubbly.
Voir cette publication sur Instagram
Personalizing vegetable lasagna
Vegetable lasagna is a delicious, versatile dish that can be customized to suit individual tastes.
To personalize this recipe, start by adding additional vegetables that you like. Try adding cooked mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, or spinach to the vegetable mixture.
You can also experiment with different types of cheeses, such as feta, cheddar, or Monterey jack cheese.
To make your lasagna extra special, you can top it with toasted pine nuts, chopped olives, or even a dollop of pesto.
Finally, serve your vegetable lasagna with a fresh green salad and some crusty garlic bread.