Today, I’m going to show you how to make a delicious Sweet Fruit Cobbler that is sure to impress. This recipe is incredibly easy to make and requires only a few ingredients.
Plus, it’s great for any occasion – from a summer picnic to a winter dinner party. The sweet fruit cobbler is the perfect way to enjoy fresh seasonal fruits and create a sweet treat for your family and friends. So let’s get started!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups fresh or frozen fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries, apples, peaches, etc.
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 350°F oven temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cold butter, and nutmeg. Use a pastry blender or two forks to mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Place the fruit in an 8-inch or 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the brown sugar, cinnamon, oats and melted butter.
4. Top with the crumb mixture and spread evenly over the fruit.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
6. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Voir cette publication sur Instagram
Personalizing and accompanying sweet fruit cobbler
Instead of blueberries, you can use blackberries, cherries, or any combination of your favorite fruits. You can also mix in a handful of nuts or granola to give the cobbler a crunchy texture.
For an extra boost of sweetness, drizzle a bit of honey or maple syrup over the top before baking.
To accompany this cobbler, try a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of freshly whipped cream. The creamy texture and sweetness will perfectly balance out the tartness of the fruit.
You can also pair it with a light, refreshing drink like cold lemonade or iced tea.